Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Windy Day

March 27th

Hand Washing my clothes in the morning sun

We found a nice spot last night at the bottom of a small dirt road hill off the main road. There's a creek with cool fresh water flowing. I woke up at 8:30 and started to wash clothes. The sun was so hot, beading down on my back and face too. It turned out to be a really windy day and I strung the clothes out from a line going across this small bridge. The wind kept blowing my dry clothes in the water below.

Free internet from it's limitations.

-Last night we stopped to have some tea and then cooked dinner too. We sat on the side of the road exchanging our views of life. They are really different and this is something that has made our trip both incredibly interesting and knowledgeable as well as somewhat difficult to say the least. Alex refuses to accept or be a part of Western Cultures and is always pointing out the negative sides of the people living there. I have a car and so in a way am contributing to the war in Iraq, Iran. I've been realizing how littleI actually know about the world. My geography is off. Traveling in the East, my geography and knowledge on this side of the world has improved so much but, I can only name a handful of countries in Africa. Also, Alex was saying that the internet is made for rich people from rich countries. Most websites are for rich countries, made by rich people. Most people in the world don't even have access to internet or any other electronic devices. Most people in the world can't afford internet, it costs money to make a website and time to maintain it. So many people are excluded from having the opportunity to learn, the access to information, stopped by money. He thinks that internet should be free.

No comments: