Friday, April 11, 2008

Bhaktapur


April 11th

Today we went to Baktapur with B and AK our local guides. it was really nice and I got some great shots of the place. I've been getting to know the other Canadians that I'm hiking with and it's a pretty good mix of people. There are about 9 of us. Pam and Theresa have been best friends since elementary school and they're in their mid 20's. Pam is a little Indian girl, she knows how to speak Hindi and so it's awesome listening to her speak with the locals. She, like me wanted to learn more about her roots and so is in Nepal a lot closer to India than Canada, where some customs are similar, language, beliefs, food and clothing. Now, I'm going to spend some time with Bibek, a local that I met yesterday but, I have to go to bed early since we fly out of here at 5am to start our trek.

cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly
Nice work you're doing on your blog and it is nice to read about your experiences. I was thinking about you on the election day and I felt a bit envious that you were there in Nepal on that special day. I'm looking forward to read more.
Take care and see you in May in Hong Kong.
ps. Yout bike is still all right.
Jørgen & Catriona