Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Living

March 22nd
Guaguan. Nice people. A kid that reminded me of my cousin Brandon helped me to find new brakes for my purple chinese 1 speed bike. We camped in a cemetary. A group of young girls from the school across the street helped to cook dinner. They were all so curious and eager to help in any way. Alex was sick so the help was great!

March 23rd
We stopped to rest in an orchard. We ate a big breakfast mm. Bought a new bell for my bike and it has a BIG ring. I love my new bell! Finally my bike has her own, loud, cheerful voice. - There are pink flowers above me, weeping grass hanging over a steep ledge. Above me there is a green tree against a canvas of bright blue. Below me is a meadow filled with little purple flowers and green grass. Orange flowers growing between dry grass tuffs and rocks. I feel alive, my senses aware again after a hot-dry afternoon. It's Spring season now in China and the heat is increasing. Tchye is trying to eat grass, Alex is reading his dictionary. He picked me a small bud from the flowering orange bushes. They look like the flowers from traditional chinese paintings. Elegant and colourful, holding this bud in my hand makes me hope that my lie can be as vibrant as this small single bud. Alex is yelling/singing to a brazilian song"Bolla Bolla Bolla Hay Hay Hay"...I'm sad that soon I'll leave China. I'm not ready for reality. Not now, not ever? My mind flies between present, past and mostly future. I don't want to think about it though. I'd like to enjoy my last week in China in the present moment. Sitting here on the side of the road, holding my flower bud, watching the motos and trucks carrying sugar canes going by. It's amazing to me how many people can fit on one moto. I've seen up to 6 people, whole families on 2 people motos! Oh!, China, I never knew that I would love you so! [I think that life can be as beautiful as now if I take my time. Living in the present moment. Not only using each of my senses but appreciating them. " Not just existing, but living" as Alex has said before.

No comments: