Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poo Face

March 24th

I woke up early and made brunch. Last night there was a full moon and so we biked until mid-night, then found a spot on some grass high up on the mountain. Tchye has been biking across China with Alex her whole 1year life. He has a basket attached to the back of his bike and when he says "Opa" Tchye jumps up.We strapped my red MEC bag onto the back of my purple chinese bike. So metimes I say "Opa" and Tchye jumps onto my bag and bites my arm, ears face or licks my face. I call her Poo-Face because she eats shit. My puppy Pepper used to eat poo too and so I called her Pepper poo. I love both of these little pups a lot. Now "Poo face" is a continuation of this love and Erica and I have adopted signing our E-mails POO. I want to get a dog and bring her tree-planting, not only that, I wan to have a dog in the future too. - The river that we were looking at last night was shimmering silver from our mountain perch. Today we can see that it's in a dried up river bed that we saw this morning. In the wet season it must be really big.- Since we crossed the tropic of Canver on the 18th, the land has changed. It's not wolr jungle any more but drier land. There are much less tea0tree plantations, maybe none, but other types of crops. It's refreshig to see the land being used for growing sugar canes, wheat and larger tea trees,vegetables.- Last night we passed a crop that was burning and it was magical. I felt like I was in a circus, magic show or gypsey caravan. The moon not yet risen, the starts not so bright, this smoke and bright fire light leading our way...into the midieval times, into an open time gateway...where would we end up? - Today we saw 2 men pushing a bike loaded with recycling up the same mountain we were pushing our loads. 4 travellers sharing similar experiences and the same winding road. They were working so hard to push this bike backwards so that the handle bars were in behind and the recycling in the front. They made me smile.

No comments: