Friday, November 2, 2007

Tai-O, Buddha, Cute boys:)

Yesterday I went to Lantau island to see the biggest Buddha in the world! IT was spectacular. I took so many pictures that I went through 6 batteries yesterday...I think that my camera isn't the best.



Then I went to this village called Tai-O, my favorite part of HK. It's nicknamed HK's Venice but is probably one of the poorest parts of HK. It's incredible! I took some videos and LOTS of pictures. I'll post them when I get the chance.



When I was on my way back to the hostel I met a couple of German boys. They were totally cute and around my age. This one guy named Grishka has been travelling for 2 years and has 1 more to go as is tradition with carpenters in his country. He has to wear the traditional pants and shirt practically the whole time and only carries with him a small bag of things. He's showing around his friend philippe (i think that was his name) in HK who is also a carpenter but for furniture.

TODAY
I am travelling to Guangzhou, the area where my great grandfather and grandmother emmigrated from. I haven't contacted my relative WEn Li yet. Maybe I will send her a letter before I leave China though. I know 3 ppl in Guangzhou, Henry, Christina and Estelle and so I'll give them a call and they said they'd show me around. Woot. Anyways, HK is too expensive so I'm excited to get to Mainland China and see the real deal.

Muah -Holly

No comments: