Thursday, November 8, 2007

Clubbing in Guangzhou


Last night Estelle invited me to come out and party at this club with some of her colleagues from her internship. I had a really great time! It was only Estelle's 2nd time to a Club and i think she only went because she knew that I liked partying. I can't get over how nice she is. Today she helped me exchange my travellor's cheques at the Bank of China and buy a train ticket for Beijing. The club is known for it's shows and it was really entertaining. There was a guy swalling a sword and a metal ball, lots of dancers in sparkly cabaret clothes, a kung fu performance, a monk who wrote a big sign in calligraphy... I learned a new chinese drinking game with dice. There were lasers, smoke and lots of glowsticks. The dance floor bounced and we all got pretty drunk and had a good time. After the club we went to get some early morning breaky at 3 AM and had some chinese food and drove speeding around Guangzhou in one of the guys cars. There was a sunroof and we made good use of it down the highway. All of Etelle's friends spoke madarin and no english but I don't think that language is always a barrier. The club was so loud and even if we all spoke the same language we wouldn't hear each other. They dropped me off this morning and I gave them all a kiss on the cheek. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries, but It was a really great night.

No comments: