Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Forbidden City

I explored the Forbidden City with Lioness. We had a really nice day, the sky was bright the sun was out and the city was grand. We rented an audio set and it only had one ear phone and so we sometimes ended up standing too close than we had to and I enjoyed every minute of it. I really have taken a liking to Lioness but then ended up missing dinner with Annie who had invited me and felt really horrible about it. Yesterday she insisted that I should stay at the hostel until 2pm but I didn't want to go to dinner and didn't want to stay in the hostel all day but she insisted and there is a slight language barrier between us and so it was unclear. I told her that I would call her today but when I called her at 2 from Lioness's cell phone she wouldn't answer. In the end we didn't have dinner and I feel really guilty for not doing what she said, but I wanted to explore today and I felt like spending my time with Lioness as we'll both be going our separate ways soon enough. Tonight Lioness and I might go out clubbing, it should be fun. He's really interesting and thinks a lot different than me. He's quite rational and logical haha. He get's mad when the Chinese overcharge us for breakfast or lunch. He's studying energy engineering which is pretty cool and really enjoys nature.

No comments: