Friday, November 16, 2007

Enlightenment at the Great Wall

The golden Chinese sun was setting across the crisp autumn air, I could see my breath and feel the ancient cold stone wall beneath my fingers. The solidity of the snow covered walkway high up on this desolate mountain ridge lit up by the last moment of the setting sun rays offered me strength. Something in the depths of my soul felt at immediate peace and everything seemed to be in place, as it should be.

I knew that mom was with me in that single moment and always will be.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rains fall soft upon your fields

Until we meet again, we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

2 comments:

serenne said...

i read this and cried.
way to write beautifully hols.
i wish i was there with you. it felt like i was.

Anonymous said...

Good post.