Monday, March 17, 2008

This could be your shower

March 14th -Jen's Birthday
The farmland is divided into hundreds of small sections, each one growing something different. We are surrounded by every green imaginable; Green apple, army green, neon green, pine green, seaweed green, green grass, light cabbage green, green___.... On the mountains the farmland is Mayan Temple steps leading to a great ancient secret that only the farmers remember, forgotten wisdom. The rich red-copper of the soil, the yellow dirt roads, the greens of the crops and the muddle coloured rice-fields reflecting the blue sky make a feist for the eyes that we could enjoy from the top of our mountain perch. We did 20 km downhyill, I love the wind flying in my hair, my mp3 pumped and a huge grin on my face thinking " This is travelling!". Yesterday, I saw a sleeper bus go by, those dreaded things. I took one from Lijiang to Kunming, the lady behind me was spilling her guts out the whole time behind me, and not without loud sound effects. The 8hr trip from Kunming to Jinghong was a little more bearable on a normal bus, but the road was so twisted and the bus was going so fast, it was almost me with an inside out stomach. Yes, I am so pleased to be biking. Later just before dark, we found a waterfall and took some refreshing showers. The water was just right. We found a small bambo hut that was at the bottom of a tea tree plantation. One wall was dirt and the ground was dirt. Alek said that we should check for spiders, scorpians and other crawling warriors that might attack during the night. I made him sleep beside the wall. hehehe.

No comments: