Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 4 -(March 7th )

Sun! We biked up a mountain and got to the top in time for the sunset, but there was too much jungle in the way to see it clearly. I find all of the houses interesting that we paass because they are more of a communist setting than in Canada. They have many red doors that lead to similar rooms all enclosed inside walls. I think that families all live together, maybe extended family too. It's not like in Canada where everyone has their own house. We passed by larger houses near huge tea tree plantations. Mountain after mountain of tea trees. I think that it's more beautiful when the mountains are covered in jungle, but when the workers were in the field their colourful clothes and big hats added something special to the scenery. We passed through a town called Dadugang...(we looked the meaning up in the dictionary but I forget other than Da=Big) I was mesmorized by a chinese bakery. MMMM ...Alek and I shared a long sweet bun filled with whipped cream and green and orange jelly dots. What sweet ecstacy. Going down the mountain I took my feet off the pedals and my bike became jelly like, as if it was an athlete and had run the 400m sprint. It couldn't run anymore and I wobbled to the left and to the right like a worn out athlete at the end of a race. At the bottom of the mountain in the valley I could see the montrous jungle towering above me in the dark. It could have been a Giant's limbs covered in furry clothing.

No comments: