Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 7 "Journey to the East"


I had a great day today. We stayed at our camp all afternoon and it was so relaxing. I finished "Journey to the East" by Herman Hesse and was not let down by the ending. I really respect the guy, I want to read more of his books. He thought that his spiritual home was India and settled in Switzerland when he was 34, that's cool in itself but also when he was 69 he won a nobel prize for literature. The sun was strong all day so I washed some of our clothes in our cooking pot using some muddy creek water. The birds have been singing all morning and afternoon. Some of them sound like a human whistling. I feel tired because I ate a lump of concentrated suger made fresh from the sugar canes that grow here. Alek is talking in french to his dog as usual..."Chienne degolasse," "Couche toi"! He spent today fixing his bike, dancing and singing around to his music. He gave me a couple decorations for my bike and now it looks more like a travelling bike. Now we're in Simao and it's nothing special from what I've seen tonight.

1 comment:

Len said...

Hi Holly bolly. What adventures you are having. Keep up the great posts. Spring is springing here on Henderson road - robins and frogs are about - and flowers too! Still ots of snow on the mountain. We are all off to Squamish for a week during spring break. Len, Maja & Alexandra (Shan Ming)