Saturday, May 3, 2008

Reality is what you choose to make it.

April 18th '08

Today we had a rest day in Dingboche 4360m. I woke up early though because, me and Lhakpa always think that we're late since we don't have watches. Papa, or Eoin or coach White had to leave today since he had an Olympic Committee meeting to go to. Eoin is the team leader for the Canadian wrestling team at the Beijing Olympics this year. He has to fly out to Beijing in a couple days.

I was charged 1700 rupees to charge my camera batteries so I didn't order lunch or dinner, but Lhakpa shared with me. After breakfast, a few of us went for a walk up to some stupas on a high ridge that looked down on the village. The views from the ridge were beautiful, especially since we had a panoramic view of mountains in each direction.

Later in the evening Lhakpa and I went and played pool. We met up with some of her Sherpa friends and joined in on some pool with them. They all say "Eh Hanay" when they make a good shot. It's funny saying from a Nepali video apparently. I met this sherpa named Funero and he's really loud, obnoxious and fun. We went to another tea house where there were only Sherpas and played some cards with another Sherpa named Jimmi. Tonight we're supposed to go out and play pool again and meet up with more sherpa friends but I' felling a little tired and mush because I have my period, and I think that I'm getting less oxygen to my brain now. I wonder if I'll read this later and it won't make any sense.

LAst night was beautiful!! A clear sky filled with stars, the moon and mountains on all sides of me. I sat on a wall built of stones and I sang a few songs to the jok joks who were munching on hay, clanging their bells. I love seeing the wind blowing the prayer flags, the highest mountains in the world in view. The moon is almost full now, I looked up at it and wonder if Alek is doing the same. I hope that him and Tchye are okay. I think that if I try hard enough he'll get my message through telepathy, although I tried with Jason once and it didn't work.

I sat on the wall made of rocks looking at the snow covered mountain in front of me. The sound of the flowing stream behind me was completely separated from what I was seeing in front of me. The feeling of the rough stones beneath my finger tips replicate the rough lives that the mountain Nepalis live. These stones in the wall that I'm sitting on are the same ones that take a man one full day to chip into 1 bloc for building tea houses. I moved off of my wall perch and walked to the small stream flowing downhill. I felt like a Goddess looking down a whole mountain, a rushing river going down the mountain beneath me, a rushing river of silver In this moment shining in the moonlight like a second sky. In this moment, I feel that the world is so connected to the universe, like a never ending spiral, intertwined with colourful people, events and landscapes, that everything is in the world for a reason. We seem to get caught up in our daily lives and forget to take in what is our fascinating surroundings, our mysterious mythical and non-sensible sides. that really in the end make me feel more grounded than " so called reality," as Herman Hesse would say. Reality is what you choose to make it.

No comments: