Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oct. 31st




This morning some girls in my dorm woke me up at 6AM to take a picture with them because they were leaving the Hostel that day. Last night we all stayed up late and they all welcomed me to stay at their houses in Guangzhou and in Beijing. It was fun because they taught me some mandarin pronounciations and I taught them some English:). Man is Chinese hard!

I went and wandered around today to nowhere in particular in and saw a lot cooler things than yesterday. I think I just felt more free to wander aimlessly b/c i was by myself and also not really aiming to go anywhere. I went in this Elegent pompous dress shop with 2000$ CAD dresses! I've never seen or touched any dresses that nice in my whole life.

I saw weird weird food that street vendors had. fried chicken feet, small whole octopuses on a stick, and something that looked like fish or i don't know whale intestines on a stick.

I bought a Southern Chinese newspaper and read it. I felt like a local. lol. except it was written in English. I saw a posting for a pre-school teacher in English and saw that there are really cheap tickets to Bangkok and Vietnam:)....hmmm. interesting who knows eh?

I took a star Ferry from HK Central to Kowloon later in the night. It was nice to have the ocean breeze on my face and to be on the light blue-grey water of the South China Sea. While in Kowloon I got lost and found a music store. I went in and played a YAMAHA stand up piano and then asked this guy to play me a song on the violin. He played a CAntonese song and it was Breathtakingly beautiful. In the midst of this Hectic side of HK (even more busy than HK island) I found something that really was precious to me:).

In Kowloon I bought a camera for HKD $1038 which is about $133. It came with a tripod, 2 sets of batteries, a case, a 2GB memory card and a memory Key thing. not bad. This area is notorious for all of its' new technology. It wasn't hard to run between a few stores to compare prices b/c there were so many so close by.

It was Halloween but I didn't celebrate b/c I want to try to integrate into this culture. Out of the million People that I must have seen tonight there were probably only 10 people dressed up for Halloween. It was strange, but I'm excited for Chinese New Year on Feb. 7th.-9th:).

Then I came home and had a quarter hot shower before the hostel ran out of hot water. lol.

No comments: