Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Now bring us some figgy pudding...




I'm in Chengdu right now in the Sichuan Province. It is the gateway to Tibet. I want to come back here and work later in January so that I can save up for Tibet and Nepal in late March and April. Anna and I met a dude named Keith who's from New Zealand and he reminds me of Trevor O. and my friend Hourann who I met in Beijing. Really cool fella.

Anna and I are going to Luding today a small little place west of here. We're then going to Moxi where Anna wants to see her first Glacier. We'll spend Christmas in Litang which is a small border village with Tibet. We'll be on our way South after that heading to Lijiang in Yunnan province, Dali, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Kunming and then to Laos for the 3rd of January.

After Pingyao, we went to Xian. We saw the Terracotta soldiers there and stayed with some of Anna's friends that she met in Shanghai.Chelsea who's from Regina Sask., and Ryan who's from South Africa. We met Jo who's from New Zealand, another one of their friends and had a good time going out to restaurants and pubs together. Ryan is gay and can dance like no one's business. Anna and I were to tired when we were in Xian that we stayed in Ryan and Chelsea's flat watching as much of Queer as Folk as we possibly could. I love that show!!!

Anna and I have been getting a along really well. I can be completely open with her and I can be my bush woman self with her.

1 comment:

Maillardville Yard Care said...

Hi Holly -

It is Xmas eve in Coquitlam and we are sitting around [hanging out]this evening - and we are thinking about you too.

Uncle Gordon & Erica are here. No snow. We are going to enjoy turkey dinner with grandpa Keen & Merio & Aunt Vivian tomorrow.

Sam says hi.
Matthew wonders what you are eating these days?
He says be careful and not to lose your wallet and passport.
Nicola is hoping you are getting some good bargains shopping.
Aunt Connie is wondering about the price of tea in China? No, she is just hoping you are having a good, safe time? And where are you?
Uncle Dale is wondering if the Chinese guys are hotter than the men in Cuba/Bahamas?

Merry Christmas Holly. Take care.

Love
Dale, Connie, Samantha, Nicola, Matthew and Gordan and Erica